As announced last Sunday we are collecting items for the 'Calais Drop Off' (organised by QUBSU, Student Action for Refugees and Amnesty QUB) to provide essential items for displaced people from the refugee camp in Calais.
The French government has signalled its intention to demolish 'The Jungle' refugee camp in Calais before the end of October, displacing 10,000 refugees including 600+ unaccompanied minors. Sources inside the camp believe this process could begin within the next week.
The imminent demolition of the camp residents means there is a need to equip them for the move. As a church community we want to support this urgent cause so if you can please bring an item from the list below along to our collection point this Sunday 23rd October at our Sunday Gathering:
- Rucksacks, travel bags and luggage cases
- Smartphones with chargers
- Sleeping bags and blankets for the winter
- Men’s warm waterproof winter coats
- Men’s waterproof walking boots with raised ankle sizes 38-45 (most sizes 42/43)
- Toiletries and toiletry packs
If you would like to donate Money to fund Care4Calais ongoing work in the camp visit http://care4calais.org/donate